A South Florida federal judge turned aside the Trump administration’s effort to pause the wind-down of the “ Alligator Alcatraz ” detention center while it appeals an initial order.

Miami US District Judge Kathleen Williams denied the Department of Homeland Security’s request Wednesday for a stay of her order from last week barring the facility from admitting new detainees and requiring parts of it to be dismantled in 60 days.

Meanwhile, the Everglades-situated facility — which holds up to 2,000 detainees and had been in the process of expanding to hold as many as 4,000 — is in the process of being cleared out, a DHS source told The Post. 4

The current detainee population sits at just 100, the source said.

DHS lawyers asked for a stay of Williams’ order from last week while

See Full Page