Israel announced on Friday that it has begun the “initial stages” of its siege on Gaza City, declaring the capital city a “dangerous combat zone” and ending its daytime pauses for the supposed purpose of allowing the passage of humanitarian aid, despite a famine declaration across the area last week.

“We have begun the preliminary operations and the first stages of the attack on Gaza City, and already now IDF forces are holding the outskirts of Gaza City,” Israel’s military spokesperson told reporters .

The UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) said that the siege would put 1 million Palestinians at risk of forced displacement once again, with many thousands being forced into already overcrowded areas to seek shelter.

“With famine already confirmed in the area, any

See Full Page