A judge has issued a temporary injunction meaning that SEPTA cannot go forward with any more service cuts, including routes on the Wilmington/Newark regional rail line.
According to the judge's ruling, there will be no cuts as previously planned to Regional Rail starting on Tuesday, Sept. 2 and all activities surrounding the cuts must cease.
“I think SEPTA has been double and triple talking the citizens of Philadelphia for months now. When the mayor said yesterday that student busing is going to be resumed on Tuesday, SEPTA said, ‘okay, we’ll do it." attorney George Bochetto said. “What’s really going on here is SEPTA is trying to get even more money out of Harrisburg than they need to function.”
SEPTA argued that the cuts are already in the works.
"We will do our best to try to comply