Hong Kong (CNN) — The number of people killed in the devastating Hong Kong apartment complex fire has risen to 128 with as many as 200 missing, officials said Friday, as authorities announced eight more arrests over the blaze.
The inferno rapidly spread in a public housing estate in the city’s Tai Po neighborhood on Wednesday, trapping people inside. With authorities warning the toll will likely rise further, focus is turning to what caused the territory’s worst fire in decades.
Fire alarms in all eight buildings of the complex were “not functional,” officials found during inspections carried out after the blaze, according to Director of Fire Services Andy Yeung. It was not clear if the alarm system was operational on the day of the fire, though residents previously told CNN their b

KIMT News 3

Honolulu Star-Advertiser Traffic
ABC30 Fresno World
Reuters US Top
Raw Story
New York Post
AlterNet
5 On Your Side Sports
CNN
The List
RadarOnline
The Conversation
Cover Media
The Daily Beast