WASHINGTON -- The Trump administration announced on Friday that it is pausing all asylum decisions following the shooting of two National Guard members in Washington, D.C., earlier this week.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Joseph Edlow said all asylum decisions are being halted "until we can ensure that every alien is vetted and screened to the maximum degree possible."
The announcement comes after President Donald Trump said on Thursday he would "permanently pause migration" from some countries. At the time, he did not specify which countries the pause would affect, but said it would apply to "Third World Countries."
Additionally, the State Department has "immediately" paused issuing visas for travelers with Afghan passports.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio poste

ABC11 WTVD Politics

NBC Bay Area Dixon News
LAist
11Alive
Atlanta Black Star Entertainment
Raw Story
The Travel
The Conversation