The L.A. City Council unanimously approved a resolution Wednesday that makes it a crime to operate a tour bus within a roughly 16-square-mile area of the Pacific Palisades affected by the January fires — despite there being no apparent record of the so-called "disaster tours" ever taking place.
Councilmember Traci Park, whose district includes the Pacific Palisades, introduced the motion at the beginning of July.
At the time, she told her colleagues her office had been receiving reports about “commercial tour operators conducting disaster tours in the Pacific Palisades disaster area” ever since the neighborhood opened to the public the month prior.
“These are people looking to profit off of destruction and other people’s losses,” she said. “It’s really gross and it needs to be stopped.”