Secretary of Homeland Security Kristie Noem said that authorities believe the suspected shooter who opened fire on National Guardsmen in Washington, D.C., last week might have been radicalized after he arrived in the United States. The suspected gunman, 29-year-old Rahmanullah Lakanwal, is accused of firing at two National Guard members, 20-year-old Sarah Beckstrom and 24-year-old Andrew Wolfe, on Wednesday afternoon. Lankwal -- an Afghan national who worked with the CIA during the U.S. war in Afghanistan -- came to the U.S. after Afghanistan's government fell to the Taliban in 2021 and he was granted asylum in April. "He was brought into the country by the Biden administration through Operation Allies Welcome. And then, maybe vetted after that, but not done well, based on what the guideli
Noem says National Guard shooting suspect could have been radicalized in U.S.
ABC News5 hrs ago
111


News Radio 690 KTSM
CBS News
Local News in New York
Associated Press US News
Raw Story
AlterNet
The Boston Globe Crime
New York Post