WASHINGTON — Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said on NBC News’ “Meet the Press” Sunday that authorities believe the suspect in the National Guard shooting was radicalized in the U.S. and that the asylum process for migrants would resume once the administration has dealt with a backlog of applications under new standards following the attack.
Her comments come after Trump said he would “permanently pause” migration from “third world countries” after the suspect in the National Guard shooting was identified as an Afghan national. NBC News previously reported that the suspect was granted asylum this year.
Stream NBC10 Boston news for free, 24/7, wherever you are. WATCH HERE
Noem said during Sunday’s interview that the administration believes that the suspect, Rahmanullah Lak

NBC10 Boston

CBS Colorado Politics
New York Daily News Crime
Raw Story
NBC News
The Babylon Bee
Washington Examiner
New York Daily News
The Daily Beast
NBC10 Boston Entertainment