A man has died after being found injured on the M8.
Emergency services were called to the busy motorway at around 12.40pm on Thursday, August 28, following reports that a pedestrian had been found injured between J6 (Newhouse) and J5 (Shotts).
Officers say he died at the scene after being struck by a white Volvo HGV. It is understood that his family has been made aware.
We previously told how drivers were being warned of huge queues after the M8 was closed in both directions while the emergency services worked.
Police have now confirmed that the motorway has reopened in both directions.
A spokesperson for Police Scotland said: "The M8 has reopened in both directions following a crash involving a pedestrian and a white Volvo HGV between J5 and J6, around 12.40pm on Thursday, 28 Au