The Pro Football Hall of Fame has publicly apologized for wrongly announcing the death of former NFL star Lem Barney.
NFL.com reported on Saturday, November 29, that the Hall of Fame rescinded an email sent earlier that day announcing Barney’s death at age 80. In response to that initial email, the NFL confirmed that it errantly published an obituary for the Detroit Lions cornerback and returns specialist.
Dave Birkett, a reporter for the Detroit Free Press, revealed via X on Saturday that Lem is still alive after speaking with the athlete’s son, Lem Barney III. Lem III told the reporter that he’d most recently seen his dad for Thanksgiving on Thursday, November 27.
“[Lem III] started getting messages asking about his dad last night [Friday, November 28],” Birkett wrote. “He said he tal

US Magazine Entertainment

Just Jared
Newsweek Top
Local News in D.C.
Daily Voice
11Alive Crime
Cover Media
Reuters US Top
ABC30 Fresno
Raw Story
WCPO 9
WBRZ News
The Christian Post