The inferno that tore through a high-rise housing complex in Hong Kong has killed at least 146 people, authorities said Sunday, with around 40 still missing.

Officers had found a further 18 bodies in the Wang Fuk Court tower complex, officials said, as the fallout continues following the deadliest blaze in the Chinese territory in seven decades.

“We expect more to come,” Chief Superintendent Karen Tsang Shuk-yin, the officer in charge of the casualty inquiry unit, told reporters Sunday.

Concluding the search could still take some time, regional police commander Amy Lam Man-han said, with the most difficult areas still yet to be searched.

Some bodies had been found in stairwells and on rooftops where residents had tried to flee, officials said.

Tsang added that 54 bodies could not ye

See Full Page