Comments
View Image
The First Minister is not being “fully candid” about the UK Government plan on housing asylum seekers in Inverness, the Scottish Secretary has said. The SNP Government has consistently said there was no consultation before the decision was announced to house 300 asylum seekers at Cameron Barracks in the Highland city .
John Swinney told the Press Association on Saturday that the plans had been drawn up “on the back of an envelope”. Speaking to the BBC, Scottish Secretary Douglas Alexander said: “Highland Council, the Scottish Government, the local police service and indeed the local NHS were all informed prior to any public announcement .
“John Swinney is in the same position as some of his ministers of perhaps not wanting to be fully candid about the fa

The Daily Record Scottish News

Britain News
The Spectator
NewsBiscuit
The Northern Echo
Law360 UK
NBC News
AlterNet
Akron Beacon Journal