Authorities in Hong Kong said 18 more human remains have been found after the huge blaze in the eight-apartment Wang Fuk Court estate, bringing the death toll to 146 people.
Police and fire authorities held a news conference on Sunday to provide an update on Hong Kong’s deadliest fire in more than 75 years, which burned through seven of the residential buildings in the complex over two days before being fully put out by Friday.
Shuk-yin Tsang, the head of the Hong Kong police casualty unit, told reporters at the scene that another 100 people remain unaccounted for and 79 were injured. The police had previously reported 128 deaths, with families assisting in the difficult identification process.
Cheng Ka-chun, the officer in charge of the police victim identification unit, said the uni

Aljazeera US & Canada

NBC News
Chicago Tribune
Local News in D.C.
Daily Voice
America News
11Alive Crime
Cover Media
Reuters US Top
CBS News
ABC30 Fresno
Raw Story
Newsweek Top